Today we have a beautiful mat pilates class where we will practise sending extra love and gratitude to our bodies. We're doing a sculpt and lengthen style mat class to finish the first week of workouts with a more restorative pilates class, that still of course has that mindful burn.
Let's talk about self love --
Being aware of how we speak to ourselves and our beliefs around food, exercise and body image is often the first step in rewiring our brains to start getting results from a place of love, rather than a place of lack.
I want you to check in with yourself and see if you catch yourself thinking any of these inner mean girl thoughts…
• Saying you’re being “good” or “bad” based on the food you ate.
• Feeling obsessive or guilty over food you ate.
• Dreading your workout or not giving yourself rest when you’re sick, sore, exhausted or injured.
•Telling yourself you’re not thin, fit enough, too big etc.
• Letting your body dictate your mood eg. only being happy when you look thin and being miserable if you’re bloated or gain weight.
• Body bashing, “I look so fat in this, my thighs are huge, if only my lower belly wasn’t so soft”
• Missing out on things in your life because you don’t want to miss a workout or “ruin” your diet.
If any of these sounded like you, first off I want to send you lots of love because I have been there and it doesn’t feel good. Let’s start to shift our focus over the next few weeks towards more loving thoughts. I want you to start noticing how you speak to yourself and reframe any negative thoughts around your body or food to more positive ones. You can do this by –
• Focusing on the things that make you FEEL good. The workouts that make you feel energised, more confident connected to your body. The food that makes you feel nourished. The thoughts that make you feel empowered.
• Instead of focusing on what you don’t like, focus on what you do like. We all have different body types, they’re all beautiful and should be celebrated - newsflash, we all have stretch marks and cellulite!!
• Start telling yourself you’re beautiful the way you are now and know you are so much more than your body!
Write a gratitude list about your body.